Friday, September 30, 2011

Sweet 16 at the Golden Glades

 I was hired to DJ a Sweet Sixteen at The Golden Glades / The Woods Club House.  I arrived early, as I always do, and the family was working together like a colony of ants to transform the club house into a Sweet 16 party pad that truly identified with Riley.
 I was set up before the young lady of the hour arrived and so I entertained the parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents with music more to their taste. (Frank Sinatra, Bee gees, Elvis and such)
 I will never forget when I played Stayin’ Alive by the Bee Gees.  The Grandfather walked out of the kitchen so I could see him, gave me 2 thumbs up and said he had that C.D. in his truck right now.  I smiled and was happy to entertain before the night even started.
 Once the “Sweet 16” arrived the party was on.  We did start the night out with a slow dance for the Grandfather and Granddaughter which was very touching. Especially since the Grandfather was not in the best of health and it was unsure of his attendance at next year's party.
 We partied the night away with the Cha Cha slide, Cupid Shuffle and the Train.  Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the club like environment created by the lights and fog.  The parents, aunts and uncles even made some request for some 80’s music to get on the floor and “Drop it like its Hot” J  I really enjoyed performing for such a close nit family and hope to be there for future events.

DJ Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment