Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wedding Reception in Georgia



 I was hired to DJ a Reception on St. Simons Island… So, I took a little trip up to the Golden Isles of Georgia.  The venue was at the Sea Palms Resort, a nice golf and tennis club.  It was a beautiful location for a Coastal Serene Wedding.  I was not involved in providing music for this couples ceremony.  So, my focus was on the Wedding Reception.

 While I was setting up, the room was abuzz with florist, caterers, and Resort Staff preparing the most beautiful room for a night of wining and dining.


 The Bride and Groom entered, after their ceremony and pictures, to a dimly lit room with my lights exuding beautiful white beams through the lightly fogged room.  They danced their first dance, then the wedding party and everyone was dressed to the nines.

As the reception progressed the bride loved the dance floor and could not stay off it.  The bride for this event is the one who is on the top of all of my website pages.  We partied the night away, the lights where gleaming, the speakers were thumping and before any of us realized it was time for the night to end.  While I don’t like disappointing, I do love leaving a crowd wanting more.  I believe its sign I did my job. 


While I was packing my things in my vehicle I overheard more than a dozen guests discussing where they could go to keep dancing.  I just smiled and hopped in my truck knowing I just received a great compliment… and that was, everyone had a great time.


DJ Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment